Thursday, October 7, 2010

I am Super Women

    I have never had a 2 year old like Quintin before. Ian now seemed like a poster child compared to Quintin because anything that 2 year olds are stereotypically known to do, he does. Throws tantrums, talks back, sticks his tongue out at us, and gets into and destroys everything.
      Today he out did himself. He was having a hissy fit at the toilet and I didn't know what was wrong. He is potty trained so I guess that is one good thing. :) I didn't see anything so I assumed he flushed his business before he was done or whatever. He kept saying "juice, juice!" I blew it off like no big deal, let him have his meltdown and got on with my day. He cried himself to sleep and had a 3 1/2 hour nap. Nice. Then later when I tried to us the toilet I noticed the toilet didn't flush normally. And this is weird because out toilet is the kind where you can flush down like 12 golf balls with no problems.  I went on a scavenger hunt for a plunger because we never have to use one. After like 20 minutes of plunging and no results I got a little worried.
        I ran tot he kitchen and grabbed a plastic bag to put on my hand and went to the toilet and stuck my hand in. Then I felt it. A cup. Bottom side facing me. Great. I called Jared and he said he would look at it when he got home. That was not a good enough answer for me. He wouldn't get home until 11pm. Then I called my Dad and he was working and couldn't come help but told me a few things to try. I was off to find something I could use as a snake to wiggle past the cup and pull forward. After about 20 minutes I got it out!! I was bound and determined to get it out because I was not paying a plumber $100 to come out. Yeah me!!

That blue cup was down the toilet and I used that metal wire to get it. :)

1 comments:

Camille said...

I am so impressed!!!! I SOOO would've NEVER stuck my hand down any toilet!!!! You are super woman!!! LOL!!!!